31 March, 2007

Blogs

Just been checking other people's blogs (for a change)and I would like to say how much I hate Windows Spaces. They takes ages and ages to load, they often cause my system to crash and there are have been too many times when I've tried to add a comment and it wouldn't take. If you've got Windows Spaces I'd be interested to know why you choose it over Blogger or MySpace. I'd really like to know the benefits.

For instance I like Blogger because it is easy to use - template changes , adding photos. It is easy to browse other blogs through "next blog" or "random blog". Unlike MySpace the onus is not on all the friends you have. I've got a MySpace page, thank God for Tom because I'm a right Billy no mates.

Clever people like Mark create their own space that is easy for a reader to load and navigate, why can't Windows Spaces?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the praise but lets be very clear, my blogging tool is no where near Blogger in any stretch of the imagination. My tool is based on the KISS methodology (Keep It Simple Stupid) so most people would run screaming out of the room if they had to use my tool for any period of time. But then again it makes perfect sense to me because I built it to work like I wanted it too. I've tried alot of tools and each one had some annoyance that I just couldn't get past.

Plus if I ever need it to do something it doesn't do know I'll just code it up (yeah like I have the time for that..lol) and add it in.

But thanks again for the nice words. :-)

Gina said...

Hello Mark - you're welcome to the kind words ;0)

Take care - hope everything is going all right with the house

Gina x

Ruthie said...

Yea Window Spaces causes mine to crash as well. And it's sooooo annoying, as all the people that use it have such entertaining blogs!

Building blogs? Gee and I am still am too lazy to finish mine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina
I have a windows space because when I set it up, I only knew 2 people that had them and both used windows! I just followed the pack and now can't be bothered to change. It is annoying as I can't get into Alan's at the moment without going through another site. Mine is partially down at the moment for reasons which I'll reveal in a few days!

Anonymous said...

Hi all ,

I used Windows Spaces out of ignorance to start with and now, because I've got lazy.
Everyone I knew had their blogs on there, I didn't know much about blogging and about all the different places you could do it from, I though they had a lot of users so were more than likely good.I don't have a lot of trouble with it, it can be slow to load but I have seen better features on other sites.

I have trouble leaving comments on the Blogger ones and often give up.

I do have another blog and I'm thinking of giving my Windows Spaces one up eventually. Mrs M XX