12 March, 2007

Manic Monday

Today at work was mad. I feel quite worn out. Went to Subway lunch time and asked for a Veggie Delite and watched in amazement as he started to sprinkle chicken over my sub. I know some restaurants think fish are vegetables but this is the first time I've ever seen someone think chicken is a vegetable. Day got worse from there really. We had run out of muesli so I went into Sainsburys after work. I got the lazy mute cashier, the one who can't even be bothered to tell you how much the bill is, let alone ask you if you've got a nectar card. I once asked a cashier how I can get a nectar card and she was flummoxed so no I haven't got a nectar card.

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yuk - mind you, could have been worse... imagine if you hadn't seen him put the chicken in!!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, I see customer service sucks as bad in the UK as it does in the US. ;-)

As for your chicken incident, I know a good number of people who consider themselves vegetarians because they do not eat red meat. Then there are the ones that only eat things from the sea. I.e. no lamb, veal, beef, etc etc.

IMHO (please correct me if I am wrong), a vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat anything with a head/face. If you really want to get strict about it you can take it one step further with vegans and macrobiotic but I've never met any of the last two who have been able to maintain that for any period of time. I think it typically turns into a "what's available" problem (Given my area) as well as a financial one.

Anonymous said...

In my experience Subway food always comes with a bit extra.

A friend of ours was waiting for her lunch to be prepared in the Southend branch and the girl serving went to the mirror, squeezed a spot until it popped and came back and carried on preparing food without gloves. That's even ickier than Alan's Tesco experience!
Yuk

Gina said...

Oh Hannah that is truly disgusting.

mark - i'm not a proper vegetarian as I eat fish. Angela and Steve don't eat anything with a face.

Anonymous said...

Evening ladies :o) I was a proper vegetarian for 15 years until last year when I went back to eating fish every now and then so I don't class myself as a vegetarian any more even though I don't eat any meat. Apart from the bonus of being able to eat smoked haddock I can now wear leather shoes again. I was at beauty college with a woman who called herself a vegetarian but used to eat beef AND chicken. Ohhh Hannah, that really is gross! Love & Quorn, Mrs M oOxOo

Anonymous said...

Sorry - evening ladies AND Mark X