22 March, 2007

Crushes

I was reading an interview with David Tennant, where he said that someone told him he wasn't as good looking in real life. I have long suspected that to be the case with actors. In films they are well lit, got make up on and wearing nice clothes. I think it is the character you fancy rather than the actor. For example I never thought much one way or the other about George Clooney until I saw him in Solaris. I sat through most of the film open mouthed. It is one of my favourite films. But George hasn't done it for me in any other film. Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor- zilch in anything else. I don't know why but as the Doctor I can over look the big nose, big ears and skinny face. I suppose the exception to this is Keanu Reeves. I could watch him in anything (and have). He is getting older now and I'm a bit worried that he will go down the dyed hair and eyebrows route. Don't' do it Keanu!

7 comments:

Paula said...

Christopher Eccleston
Yeah it's weird, he is not conventionally good looking is he, but hey, very magnetic! It must be the brooding sex appeal beneath the surface!

Ruthie said...

CE much nicer on Dr Who than in Heroes, but still very Mmmmm when he was on Top Gear, even though there was that very odd facial hair!

And who's the David Tennant stalker now, eh??? It won't be long before you're the one getting kicked off a DT forum.....

Incidentally, CE or DT?

Gina said...

No I don't fancey DT - i was checking on Dr Who stories to tell the boys (well that's my story anyway.)

Anonymous said...

I don't fancy CE at all - but DT...he can beam me up or whatever it is he does in his tardis. He was on the Red Nose thing all unshaven and scruffy - sooo handsome. Love & a Jonny Depp sarnie, Mrs M oOXOo

Gina said...

mrs M - break it to CE gently why don't you? he obviously reads my blog and the poor dear is now crushed.;0)

Anonymous said...

more of a tom baker person meself tbh. The scarf and benny esk' hair was a winner!

Gina said...

I was scared of Doctor Who when Tom Baker was the Doctor so I can't think of Tom in those terms.
Who are you Anonymous?