26 March, 2007

Yin and Yang

Still feeling nicely chilled after my break. I'm trying to see work as a necessary yin (or it is it yang) to my yang (or yin). If I didn't work we wouldn't have all our nice stuff. it is good to earn your own money. That's what I keep telling myself.

I was reading the Cozy Chicks blog and they were talking about what fictional people would you like to have at a dinner party. Here are my four:

V I Warshawski - we could talk crime and politics whilst she cooked some great Italian nosh.

Rupert Campbell Black - before he met Taggie obviously. I don't normally like fox hunting Tories but I would make an exception for him.

James Bond - although I think he would get fed up of me saying " Go on say it, say it!" all evening.

Mrs Bloxby from the Agatha Raisin series- because she is kind,perceptive and would do the washing up.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Would it be safe to invite the ladies with Rupert Campbell-Black, in his "pre-Taggie" days???

p.s. if he was going, then I'd offer to do your washing up for a whole month in exchange for an invite. (please please please, I'd sit in a corner and not say a word, and try not to drool too much)

Gina said...

There is no way V I would have anything to do with him (she is far too PC) and Mrs Bloxby's a vicar's wife.

Oh no I forgot - I'm married. Ssh don't tell Steve!

Ruthie said...

... which leaves the way clear for me.. HURRAH!