05 March, 2007

2 weeks to go.

Two weeks to go to my birthday. The good news is I've booked a week off work . The bad news is I'll be 3! I've recently noticed that people must lie about their age. You know when you read the paper and there is a caption under the photo -Mrs blah blah-32. 32 my ar*e!42 more like or she has had a very hard life. Or perhaps been out in the sun a lot. A suspiciously large number of elderly looking people seem to be 36.

I have started planning my birthday treats. A meal out with Sharon Friday week. We're going to a Japanese restaurant. Out with Steve on my birthday - probably to our fave Indian and then a Chinese with Angela and Dave the following Saturday. Thereby covering most of Asia in 3 easy meals . On the Wednesday for my birthday present, Mum is treating me to a facial. Then Mum, Angela and I will go out for lunch. Of course these are birthday treats Plan A and are subject to change at short notice.
I won't be coy about my age , I'll be 39. Steve would like it noted that he is actually younger than me. There was once a nasty incident when someone thought he was my Dad. There was even a uglier incident when someone thought I was dad's wife. I suppose Dad does look good for his age but it was weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you.
You like Asia food.You can order noodles in Chinese resterant.we call it long live noodles when that day is your birthday.

Gina said...

Thank you CK, I will most certainly order long live noodles on my birthday.