23 March, 2007

friday

Look at me, sitting on the settee updating my blog! The only downside is that I see my reflection on the screen and I am looking down. Not an attractive angle.

I want to share with you things that I have learnt (and I don't mean French or Geography):

Don't drink and dial. It is a hard lesson to learn -but those telephone conversations never end well.
Watch how he treats his Mum - because that is how he'll end up treating you.
Its boring but you need to have a cleaning routine. Otherwise mess builds up.
People can't read minds. Even if they love you very much.
Life is too short to read a boring book. Just because you've started it doesn't mean you have to finish it.
If it takes longer than five minutes to do your hair, you haven't got the right hair style.
People don't listen if what you are saying they don't want to hear.
Don't believe everything you hear.
Don't get sucked into someone else's soap opera.

Has anyone else got any tips?

BTW I have changed the title of my previous post as Steve's friends were taking the micky.

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

I feel we should take heed of Mrs Miggins "don't use Tea Tree Oil on certain areas" blog entry!

Sound advice!

Anonymous said...

You can never say "I love you" too often
Do a job you enjoy - you spend most of your life doing it after all!
Life is too short not to eat chocolate
Don't just remember the negative comments, concentrate on the positive ones too.
Shoes and haircuts are worth spending extra money on. Quality matters.
Sorry Gina, but I ALWAYS have better things to do than clean. (although if I did, a regular routine seems best)

Hannah x

Anonymous said...

I second the 'you don't have finish a book just because you started it'- I've learned that anti-wrinkle cream should actually say on the label''hahahaha - with craters that deep love? yeah right!'' and I should have spent the money on something worthwhile . Also never let anyone take your photo if they are lower down than you - you will end up looking like you have 5 chins. (I've also learned not to let anyone near me with a camera full stop unless they have a soft focus lens.) Also never leave the house looking like a bag of left over washing because that is the day you will bump into someone you haven't seen for 10 years who is looking fabulous. Never be embaressed to tell people you love them. Laughter really is the best medicine.

I've just learned I can't get my thoughts together when I'm half asleep and I forget how to spell - I should have done this tomorrow.

Love & wisdom, Mrs M oOXOo

Paula said...

I have learned that marbles in the video machine stop it working. People wont always remember what you say, but they will remember how you made them feel. Dropping a book in the bath,means the library will charge you for a new copy when you try to sneakily return it. In protracted arguments it's often best to 'drop-the-rope', as if it is a tug of war. That My Mother, does actually Know Whats Best. You can't fight fire with fire. There are more important things than getting that report to your boss on time. Nail varnish is good for removing scuffs from shoes. Time IS a great healer. Hairspray on your face will keep your make up on all evening. Cashmere bed socks are worth investing on. Nothing is ever free. Love, friend and family are all that matter. Communication build communities. PaulaBxx

Gina said...

Hairspray on your face?! I won't be trying that one out -it seems a bit...sticky.

Paula said...

Hi Gina,
Re; hairspray on the face,(it's even better when in your mid-twenties!!!), and you crash out drunk after the said great night out, as it's still put in the morning, and you can straight to work...Voila!
Those were the glory days!
xxxx