17 March, 2007

Nagging works

I have had the first of my birthday treats. Sharon and I went for a Japanese. Sharon and I used to go out together a lot , but with our disposable income getting smaller over the years (mortgages, taxes, save share schemes, high maintenance husbands..) we make the effort to go out on each other's birthdays. Sharon was telling me about an article she had read. It was saying that separate bedrooms are a good idea, as men are untidy and clutter the place up.
"But I have got a nice tidy bedroom." I said.
"What Steve doesn't leave all his crap on the floor like Tim does?"
"No. We put our dirty washing in the clothes basket. Steve has got all his radio stuff on his bedside table. Steve is pretty tidy."
It wasn't always like this. When we first started living together that was the main thing we argued about. Steve's messy ways drove me mad. Now he even vacuums the comers of the ceilings. He vacuums better than I do. Unasked he empties bins, wipes the kitchen work tops down and throws things away. I don't know who is more surprised his Mum or me. When I first met Steve, his Mum actually warned me that he was messy. Ladies, nagging works. It may not be pleasant at the time but it gets results. A bit like revising for a really big exam.

Started to use all my Lush soap, creams and bath bubbles. I feel fabulous but smell like a tart's handbag. (now where did that expression come from ?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Unasked he empties bins, wipes the kitchen work tops down and throws things away."

(clears throat)
No it doesn't. The answer lies in the above statement. ;-)

Gina said...

Yes it does! It took years of :

Steve the bins needs emptying.

Steve - when you wash up , remember to wipe the sides down.

Steve - you haven't wiped the sides!

Steve - do you really need this empty box/old magazine/paper?

:0)