07 May, 2007

Weather with you.

I've got a confession to make. I don't like hot sunny weather. I think it is a bit presumptuous when weather reporters refer to hot weather as good. That is judgemental assuming we all like it hot. I'm one of those people who would be rather cold than hot but I've also noticed it is so much quieter on cold days. I love walking along East Beach on a winter's day. I don't care if it is raining . It is like having your own private beach, no one is there. So this morning I took Tom for a nice long ramble undisturbed by kiters and irresponsible dog owners. I've got nothing against kiters but Tom is scared of kites (why? - no idea - he is a lot better than he used to be but it still stresses him out). It wasn't even that cold it just looked like it might rain. Another thing I like about cold weather is that it makes your house all cosy. I put the stove on and light some candles - lovely. I like cool summer evenings when we have the patio doors open till we go to bed.
Talking of weather reports - I never listen to them I just look out of the window and see for myself. It makes me laugh (in an evil, nasty way) when people are dressed too hot/too cold because they listened to the weather report - and it was wrong.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

No, I don't like being too hot either, especially at work...

Am hoping it doesn't get too hot in the evenings, especially now I can't have my patio doors open!!!!

x

Anonymous said...

My dog(豆豆) is scared of bus or truck.My father said that she was from suburban and couldn't used to live in the city.Joking!!!!