02 May, 2007

Outfit relief.

Got the 'outfit' for the party. A pair of black linen trousers , a sparkly top and peep toe shoes. The shoes mean I've committed myself to painting my toe nails. I haven't worn going -out trousers for years, I usually wear skirts but I thought I'd try something different. I'll ask Mum if I can borrow her fab 70s charm bracelet, I'll think it will finish it off. I don't think she will be wearing it as she favours diamante.
The relief of finding the outfit is enormous. I don't mean to be sexist but I think it is a female thing. I'll probably have outfit remorse next week - when I try it on again (to check it still fits) and think it looks rubbish. It has already happened to Mum with her outfit, we all had to calm her down. I think outfit remorse is definitely a female thing.

Started to work on Dad's speech, looked up a few things that happened on May 13th 67. Yep that's right my parents got married on May 13th. I think they walk under ladders as well.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Gina, Unsurprisingly, I find that 'still look fab in THE outfit'....a glass of wine before trying it on again is useful!
It seems to work for me. xx

ghandrews said...

Don't forget that Pink Floyd played May 12, 1967 and May 14, 1967. I guess they took the day off to attend a "wedding."

Back in the "good old days".

Gina said...

Did they really GH? Fancey that!