19 May, 2007

Waffling to a stranger.

As I'm feeling better today I did the "first time for days leaving the house" walk. My Dad drummed the importance of this walk into me from an early age - as sometimes you can just feel better because you haven't done anything for days. On occasion you can go on this walk and come back feeling like shite and realise with a sense of dawning horror - you are not actually better.
I took Tommy with me and we had a stroll to the Beach. A lady asked me if she could stroke Tom and I said "yes , but let him sniff your hand first". Not because Tom would bite but he has a habit of backing away from strangers. Note to readers - always let a dog sniff your hand before you try to pet it. It's polite.
'I did have another dog but she died a few weeks ago.' I told the lady.
Now why did I tell her that? Its not like she asked me if I had any dead dogs. As I walked home I thought about why I said that (especially adding that Penny had died a few weeks ago) I think it is because I still think I've got 2 dogs. Also I didn't want Penny to feel left out. Mad I know but there you go.
BTW - when I got home felt slightly out of breath ( as I can't breathe through my nose at the moment) but otherwise fine. I passed the walk test.

No comments: