28 May, 2007

Doctor, Why?

I met Mum and Dad for lunch along the sea front yesterday. It was very over cast which was a shame as the Airshow was on. You could just about make out the Red Arrows through the clouds. I say this every time I see the Red Arrows - how on earth do you practise being a Red Arrow? There doesn't seem to be much room for error.
When I got home Steve was beside himself with excitement.I thought he was happy to see me but the the excitement was because he could watch some American car race. He went upstairs to watch it and I watched my Rosemary and Thyme DVD. I lit my candles , snuggled down on the settee and munched too many bags of Walkers crisps and had a few glasses of wine. I'm very sad that the series has been discontinued.
This morning I got up and drew back the curtains. STILL raining.

Was very disappointed with the recent Doctor Who episode. Why didn't the Doctor give Martha the watch to look after as it was so important. When funny faced boy opened the watch why didn't John become the Doctor? But most importantly why have the writers made Martha so love sick for the Doc? It is a boring story line (come on this is a children's programme) and makes Martha into a drippy character. The only thing I did like about it is it explains why Barbara referred to the Doctor as her grandfather.
PS -tickled pink with the title on this blog. I'm really very good.;0)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yes Mrs Robbo - very clever indeed, you genius, you!

I haven't seen the last couple of Dr Who's, so was completely lost in this episode!

Who is Barbara, and was this a continuation of a previous episode?

Who is that weird kid that stole the watch?

And why is Martha all jealous about Rose, and him falling in love with the girl from Spaced?

x

Gina said...

Barbara was the assistant when the Doctor was William Hartnell. She called him Grandfather.
Martha is jealous because she loves the Doc - duh!Although I think that Joss is the master of love tangles that you actually care about -see Buffy, Angel and Firefly!
BTW this episode is part one.