09 April, 2007

Writing

Tried a different way of writing a story yesterday. I've had this story on the go for a few weeks but nothing much was happening. So taking advice from Tess Gerritsen (not personally I read her blog) I decided to not worrying about writing in a linear way, just get it all down and then work on it later. I normally write very tidily A to B and then fine tune a little bit. Tess's way is much more fun , I wrote key scenes, character studies- the time flew. I'm in the rare position of writing more than I will probably use. I've nearly got the bare bones of the completed story. Its odd but I was a bit scared of trying something different, now I wish I did it ages ago. The Open University will be offering a stage 3 creative writing course next year that I want to do. If any of you enjoy writing and want to take it further I do recommend the OU courses.

Last night Christopher Eccleston leaned over to me and whispered 'Take me to paradise' And I woke up. Even in my dreams I'm faithful.

4 comments:

steverobbo said...

You have my permission to be unfaithful, as long as it's with another female.

Ruthie said...

Steve, you pest!

Paula said...

Hey Gina, I have been looking at the OU courses too lately, have you done any...would love to chat to you about it, pick your brains etc.......... PS That means Chris E was in two places at the same time!!

Gina said...

Well he ws a TimeLord....