07 April, 2007

Five and a bit Things

While I've been browsing through blogs (oh the addiction) I've noticed that they are a lot of '5 things you didn't know about me' memes. BTW what is a meme- what does meme stand for? Any how here are five things about me that are not common knowledge. Unless you know me very well.

1. Between the ages of 23 and 30 I was a smoker. There was then a hazy period of 2 years when I called myself a social smoker (like my poor lungs could tell the difference). I can't imagine ever smoking again. Double yuk.

2. I don't dye my hair. For some reason a lot of people don't believe me and think I've had secret hi lights. Why would I lie about this?

3. I first met Steve a year before we started to date. There was a group of us in a pub and he knew my friend Esther. "Whats up with her. She's miserable" he asked Esther. "She's just been dumped" said Esther. We didn't see each other again until the following year.

4. In the privacy of my own home I use a lot of bad swear words.

5a. It has taken me a long time to grow up. I think I've finally managed it when I was 33.

5b. I'm left handed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorta following yours:

1. I've have never tried tobacco products of any kind.

2. I've been asked if I would consider dying my hair since I'm rather gray. My answer is always the same, nope. ;-)

3. Funny story about seeing my wife for the first time. While in college for EE a fellow student (female) was always trying to find someone for me. She was a good friend and quite smart. Her and I used to sit outside of class before or right after it started and she'd have me rate other women. She did this to find out who of her friends should could set me up with. One day Lucy walked by and she asked me what I thought. I can still remember my exact words, "nice hair , just wish it was a bit more natural."

4. Sometimes during races I used to do the same as a way to get me going. (stuff like move you lazy %$#@) It hardly ever worked and have gotten away from it.

5a. I've matured but I don't see me ever growing up. ;-)

5b. ditto on the left hand.

P.s. My wife's hair is alot more "natural" and it's great.

steverobbo said...

1. I have only ever smoked passively. Roll on 1 July!

2. I did colour my hair once. The slightly auburn tint did nothing for any 'street cred' I may have had.

3. Nothing more to add, love of my life.

4. I think I swear more in the car than anywhere else.

5a.I don't know when I grew-up. Perhaps us men never do.

5b.I'm not.

Ruthie said...

1. Smoked for about 10 years, ending up on about a packet a day! Stopped smoking after going to see a hypnotist - only smoked once after that, when I was VERY VERY drunk... no-one can say "no" to Esther!

2. ALWAYS colouring my hair

3. Ah, Esther crops up again!

4. I don't confine this to the privacy of my home - oops! How classy!

5a. Did a lot of growing up when I reached 30's too

5b. I'm not lefthanded, but my brother is.

Anonymous said...

Hannah

1. I've never been a smoker, although I have tried it. Didn't like it.

2. I dye my hair a lot. It is now dyed back to it's natural colour, if you can work that out.

3. I met Alex when I was 18, on our second date he wore white jeans and a gold velvet roll neck jumper. I knew it was love after that.

4. I swear at home and use filthy language, I don't do it in front of family and non-close friends. Alex hates it when I swear, he says "language!". It makes me laugh

5. I think I have not fully grown up, although I have changed most from 24 to now (27) than between 18 and 24, which is surprising. Incidentally I moved out of home at 23 and got married at 24 so that may have had an influence.

5b. I'm right handed but eat with my knife and fork the wrong way round. My sister writes left handed but eats the correct way round! I LOVE being contrary.