19 April, 2007

Plan

In Robbo World we don't buy third world babies, we sponsor them. We sponsor through Plan . Your money actually goes to the village , but you can send the child letters and they write to you. You can also send little presents -although there are strict guidelines concerning this. The reason why I'm writing about this (the Robbos like to keep a low profile regarding their charity work)is because there was a segment about Plan on GMTV this morning. Ho hum. I had been really good about not watching that rubbish anymore - but today I got caught off guard. I even thought - this should be interesting. I'm an idiot. Kate Fadeway prattling on to Kevin Whateley that it is a good thing to do especially if you have children. It is a good thing to do full stop whether you have children or not. Poor Kevin looked embarrassed. Still I've only got myself to blame, I don't read tabloid papers so why do I watch tabloid TV? I had been so good as well, I hadn't watched it for the past 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Kate Fadeaway is the idiot - why "especially"??

So I take it that Plan came out in a good light???

Gina said...

Well Ruthie, I didn't watch to the end (I came to my senses)she was going on more about how great Kevin was to be involved.

To be fair (why?) I think Kate was trying to say that it is good for western children to realise how lucky they are.

Paula said...

Hey Gina, good on you for your sponsorship.That's really amazing
Like you, completely bemused at GMTV's coment - why having children or not, should make an iota of difference.... what a bunch of divits
PaulaBxx