21 April, 2007

I Hate Housework

Today is Saturday, that means housework morning. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
I effing hate cleaning it is so effing boring. I try to kid myself :This is my lovely house that I have worked hard for and these are all my lovely things that I care for. By cleaning I am honouring the house.
As my nephew would say:Yeah, Gina yeah!(in a very sarcastic tone)
Its the sheer repetition that gets me. How many times have I polished that frigging table? Getting on my hands and knees to clean round the back of the loo -what a charming way to spend my time. Steve does the housework as well but he hates it as much as I do- in fact I think he hates it even more because he feels I'm judging his standard of cleaning. He is right, I am ( I know I'm a terrible person - I can't help it.)
Then there are the bigger issues - really all the paint work needs renewing but neither of us can face that. The Robbos are not natural decorators. We need a new carpet for the hall way and stairs but there is no point while we still have the dogs.
The sad thing is I can't not do the housework because a dirty house makes me fidgety. I just wish I could afford a cleaner.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I am TOTALLYYYYYYYYYY with you on this! I hate housework too, but get really irritable if my house gets too untidy (not including the cupboards, where must of the mess ends up), so can't relax while it needs doing! And THEN, a few hours later, you feel like you've got to start all over again....

p.s. I checked last night, and you're right, there's less steps from your bathroom door to the toilet, than mine. Apologies for doubting the Great Mrs Gina Robbo - I should know better than that ;o)

Gina said...

I love it when people realise that I'm ALWAYS right ;0)