10 April, 2007

Study.

Paula commented on the previous post that she is thinking of doing an Ou course. The OU is brilliant in that you don't have to study for a degree you can just enlist for a course that interests you. The courses are divided into level 1, level 2 and level 3. Each course has a certain amount of points. To complete a degree I think you need 330 points. I have completed a level 1 and a level 2 and that has earned me 70 points. Courses range from 12 weeks to 9 months. I was very apprehensive when I first received my course book and study plan -it is a bit overwhelming. Luckily you can e mail/phone your tutor for support - I always e mailed mine as I felt phoning was a bit intrusive. It does take over your life and it can be one more thing to feel guilty about, but I miss it now I've finished. Go for it Paula!

Changing the subject - last Life on Mars tonight! I think Sam is going to die, but then I'm cheerful like that.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks for that Gina! Just before Easter I started looking at courses, and felt excited by the prospect of learning some more. I like the way that points can be added to the Degree (....and what do points make!), that's encouraging. There are many courses that appeal, and I guess that it yakes a while to get back into study, learning, exam mode....the not so fun bit. But, yes my appetite is whetted and I am keen to pursue this route. All I need now is to find the instruction manual for Gabriel, that I mislaid when I left the hospital!
Thanks for the MySpace add request!
PaulaBxx