28 April, 2007

Shopping

It is my parents' Ruby Wedding Anniversary party next month so I went clothes shopping today. I want to look fabulous. I was in Monsoon and had picked out a skirt and was wondering what the hell would go with it, when the assistant approached me. I explained I liked the skirt but wasn't sure what would go with it. The skirt was a size 16, so you can imagine my amazement when she comes back with a size ten black top.

Me: That's a size 10!
Her: oh is it?

Was she hoping I wouldn't notice? I'm not a weird triangle shape- skinny on top blossoming out to a wide bottom. It is very unlikely the assistant looked at me and thought 'She is a size 10' I'm big all over. I'm not crazy about being a large lass but I'm not going to beat myself up over it either.

I'm off to Lakeside next week I'm sure I'll get something there.

No comments: