10 February, 2007

Walkies

Took the dogs for a walk along the beach this afternoon,. Unfortunately there was a fellow dog walker who couldn't control his dog. the dog was off its lead. The dog came bounding over - and with tail upright. the owner was already yelling for it to come back. That's worrying if this is a friendly dog why is the owner trying to call the dog away. i walked away with Tom and pen , not making eye contact - when dogs come running over with their tail upright it is a bad sign. I got the dogs on a short lead and the dog stopped a few feet away, the owner is still yelling and the dog is still ignoring him. Tom's barking , but what is concerning me more is Penny. She has got her teeth bared and is really doing some serious growling. the last time I heard Pen growl like that was a few years go when a dog run underneath her. Carrying on walking is not helping so I stand still, pushing Penny's face into the side of my leg. She is now growling into my thigh. The owner is still yelling - but he hasn't come over to pull his dog away- he is keeping a safe distance - this owner is not helping at all. the dog gets bored with me playing statues and runs off. I carry on with my walk. Dog owners like that rely on the other dog owner taking responsibility. I've just got a horrible feeling that one day that dog will end up in a fight. The rest of the walk was uneventful, thank goodness!

No comments: