25 February, 2007

Memories


When I was young it was my ambition to be a journalist. This was in the days before the interweb and people used to cobble together fanzines. I googled it last night (see what i mean about the PC being a distraction?) and was amazed to see that was sold on e bay and that the copy was open on the interview I had done with Billy Bragg. I'm even more amazed that I had the balls to interview Billy Bragg in the first place.
Popped into Waterstones today and was looking at the stationery stuff they sell. When I started my OU Creative Writing course we were told to get a notebook. A lot of the students raved about the notebooks in Waterstones, although I bought mine from Smiths. I can see why there got excited, they are moleskin covered notebooks. But they are very thin -thereby being very easy to fill up- and very expensive. My notebook is like a brick and cost about a fiver. I have got a puritanical streak. For the past few days I've been working on a poem for my parents' ruby wedding anniversary.

No comments: