20 February, 2007

Days like these.

There are somethings that you will never get over. The best you can do is to come to terms with it, live with it, make it manageable. And when I say the best you can do, Imean that - it is very difficult to do this. I have only managed this with a lot of help. Sometimes things happen , take you by surprise and you think "I can't cope with this any more. It is too hard." I've had a day like that today. I think that there are days like these in every one's life.
My advice - don't bottle it up, talk to someone who cares. Choose someone who won't start a sentence with "What you need to do is..""You'll have to get used to..." "Is your period due.." Don't let anyone deny how you feel. And realise you won't always feel like this. It will pass.
In fact just typing this has made me feel better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good advice Gina. Sometimes people - even your closest friends - can be very judgmental, or make empty comments just for the sake of something to say. I think what they're doing is satisfying a need in themselves rather than helping you. I'm glad typing the blog has made you feel a little better. X

Paula said...

Hi Gina,


''Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow''Dorothy Thompson:

There is always 2morrow......I hope you have a beter one than today honey. Thanks for your blog, I love checking in!
Paula Xx

Gina said...

Thanks for your kind words. I do feel a lot better.