13 February, 2007

Valentines

I've never been that bothered by valentines day. I think I grew out of it by the time I was 17. At 22 I realised that there is nothing more frustrating that getting a Valentines, having no idea who it is from and never finding out. Ever. For me as a singleton the killer was New Years Eve. Having no one to kiss at midnight and spending the first 20 minutes of the New Year sitting by myself whilst all the couples danced to the slowies. Not getting a special Christmas present sucks too. Although I am a great believer in not hurling from one relationship to another. Not to sound too Hallmarky I do think it is only when you are moderately (lets not carried away here) happy with your own company can you open up to someone else. Saying that I have had some shocking ex boyfriends - what was I thinking? I don't know if its a flaw in me (yes I do - its not) but I've never stayed friends with any of my exes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Mrs Robbo!