17 June, 2007

Saturday

Yesterday evening Steve went over his dad's to watch the Grand Prix practice, he dropped me of Esther's on the way. Esther has recently moved and being nosy I was looking forward to seeing her new house. Esther's old house was lovely -big with a large garden but this place is really special. The garden is enormous and the backs on to fields with horses. How lovely is that? The house is big but is not over whelming, the rooms are quite cosy.The living room over looks the garden and fields. If Esther and Darren were 30 years older they would like the decor, you can tell the previous owners spent money on the place.
However Esther plied me with red wine - it would have been rude to say no, and I'm afraid I ended up rather smashed. So smashed, in fact, that when I got ready to go to bed I was seriously considering not bothering to take my make up off! Luckily I did make the effort (my pillow cases were clean on that day!)I'm amazed that I haven't got a hung over this morning - although I did get up at about 3 and took some panadol.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Mrs Robbo, I know Esther is a very generous person, but I am finding it very hard to imagine her "plying" you with red wine. In my head, the conversation goes:

E: Do you want another glass of wine?
G: Oh go on then!

OR

E: Ready for another glass?
G: Ooooo yes please

;o)

Gina said...

I know , I know!