03 June, 2007

Geeky Gina

Okay I admit I moaned about last week's Doctor Who but I really enjoyed last night's episode. Especially the bit where Joan tells the Doctor where to get off. The actor who played Baines was excellent - how did he get his face to look like that? Russell T Davies has been saying that the next series will be the last because of the heavy work load. (does Russell really mean that, or are they in pay negotiations? A heavy work load never seem to have bothered Joss Whedon.) I think the way forward is one off feature length episodes. Talking about Joss, The Doctor seems to have followed the Buffy formula of a Big Bad for every series. Big Wolf, New World, Mr Saxon. (Mr Saxon must be the Master - I can't wait)
The only reservation I had about last night's episode (I'm such a geek -see how seriously I am taking all this) is that it had a narrow definition of love:get married, have a family. Where traditionally the message has been love is where you find it and one size doesn't fit all. For example the episode with Peter Kay and Marc Warren, Love and Monsters. When ever I see Marc Warren on telly now I always think of Elton. Although both episodes had the message that meeting the Doctor messes up your life one way or another.

By the way I'm eating fish again. I know all the reasons I can give you are excuses not reasons, but I didn't want you to think I don't eat fish, when now I do.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Who's Mr Saxon???? I don't know him - damn, I wish I'd watched more episodes this series! Which ones was he in???

Bains had a well scary face!

Ahhhh I love Joss!

x

Gina said...

Mr Saxon hasn't made an appearance yet, but he has been referred to in several episodes.