11 June, 2007

Frodo Friends

I've been reading this blog. Now I don't want to get all coy ( I hate coyness in blogs) but I'm not going to link to this blog. It read by invitation only ( and I got an invite! - I never get invited to things. My parents didn't even send me an invite to their party. Just took it for granted I'd be going.)Any how Secret Blogger (referred now to as SB) was writing about friends yawning whilst SB is talking to them. I could really relate to that blog. Now I have got a small circle of friends (and I'm related to about half of them)but when I was younger I was the victim of the yawning or even worse the stifled yawn -while I'd be spilling my guts out. I call it the Frodo syndrome. That is said friend thinks that they are the star and you are the support (ie Samwise). Just like Samwise they expect you to drop every thing and follow them in their marvelousness. You tend to hear from Frodos when things are going wrong with them. Which usually means when their boyfriend has dumped them or they thinking of dumping their boyfriend. You know when everything is ok when you stop getting the daily phone calls.
As I got older I realise friendship is as friendship does. Eff off you Frodos!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must be one of the few Christians that didn't like Frodo from the LOTR books/movies. I totally agree with you, if not for Sam everything would have failed. I used to have a few Frodo friends myself, since I don't hear from them anymore I guess they are having quite the life. Thanking the Good Lord, so am I. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... I wonder who SB could be?! LOL xXx