14 January, 2007

Sunday

Feel quite quite bleuh today (definition of bleuh - feeling greasy faced, fat and bored.) I think I miss the discipline of the creative writing course, I need to knuckle down and get on with it. I'm reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd at the moment and there is a really funny scene where four of them are playing Mah Jong. Agatha is very good at dialogue. Also watched The Bourne Identity, really enjoyed it, I think Matt Damon is a under rated actor ( or perhaps I just under rated him, I was surprised at how good he was.) The underlying feeling of bleuh has stayed with me all day. Steve and I took the dogs out for a walk this morning and I enjoyed that. We don't actually walk them together that much (too busy) so it is nice when we get the chance to. I took the dogs to the beach yesterday and saw horses galloping along the shore, that was great. Sometimes I can't believe I live in such a nice place. Outside the fire station they have made hanging baskets out of their helmets. the police station has proper hanging baskets. perhaps they get paid more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm very jealous of you living in Shoebury village - much more quaint than the part I live in! You get hanging baskets, I get graffiti!

The Murder of R.A. was one of my FAVE A.C. books - think it was the one she was writing when she disappeared... and she got into a lot of trouble with her crime-writing peers over that one!

Just got a drink, btw, and remembered to shut the fridge door quietly, so not to wake Lola... then came into this room, tripped up and woke Reggie up!!! D'oh! Rubbish mum!