01 October, 2006

Well after all the sweat of setting up the blog settings and the photo ( I do have a slight headache from the setting up the photo) I thought I had better type an entry.

Sooo why I have set up a blog? Well I'm just coming to the end of a Creative Writing course and I thought this would be a good way to ensure I carry on writing. This is the secomd Open University Creative Writing course I have done. I did stage one last year and whilst waiting for the second level course I wrote stories for my nephews. However Joe and Aaron are far too sophisticated for their Auntie's scribblings now. ('I did like your stories but I find then baby-ish now.') Also a lot of OU students keep blogs and I enjoyed reading those.

A bit about my background- i have a younger sister, Angela who is married to Dave. They are the proud parents of Joe and Aaron. Their disposable income seems to be spent on Lego and Doctor Who stuff. My Dad took early retirement , much to my Mum's fury about 10 years ago. My Mum still works, she fits her job around playing bowls. I've been married to Steve for 7 years, i may be biased but he is lovely and very good looking. We're have got two retired greyhounds as pets - and as soon as I can face posting photos again- I'll post photos of them. (i'm sure that I 'll get used to it.)

Just had two weeks off work. We didn't go away on holiday, but it has been so nicehaving time to toodle instead of the usual rushing around. Back to work tomorrow, one good thing about working for an over worked team is that they are always pleased to see you.

No comments: