21 October, 2006

Diamonds

Steve and I went shopping today- and I came home with a diamond ring! How extravagant is that! I have been looking for a ring for my little finger for years and I have never seen one I liked. This is a 2 diamond twist on a yellow and white gold band. It was second hand and it was under £100- I'm calling it an early Christmas present. I' m trying not to feel guilty about it - whenever I spend money I worry. And I can afford it, its not like I slapped it on a credit card. I have a troublesome relationship to money - I worry about money a lot. I worry that I will be penniless in my old age. I try to be more relaxed about it - Steve and I are both workers , we're sensible - but I am haunted by buyer's remorse. So now I'm making a mental trade off- ok i won't have any takeways this month. Lets see how long that lasts ( and the stupid thing is I can afford the takeaways and the ring - I'm on a budget but the ring wasn't that expensive). So now I'm thingking - I bought a cheap ring BIG DEAL! thus spoiling the enjoyment of the much mentioned bleeding ring. And if I hadn't got the ring i would be typing now saying how much I regretted not getting it.

No comments: