08 October, 2006

A night out

The atmosphere in the house is subdued today. Steve and I went out last night- Steve went for meal with friends and I went round my sister's. We both had a really nice time and Steve picked me up on the way home. This was a good thing, that we both came home together. As Steve parked the car in the garage, I unlocked the door. I unlocked the mortice lock first and then the yale key. The door wouldn't budge. I was a bit pissed, so I thought it was me (althoughtI wasn't that pissed.) Steve then tried. The door wasn't having any of. Now Penny does leap up at the door and somehow she must have knocked the latch on. We couldn't get in round the back as the key was left in the back door. Luckily there is a police station down the road so we walked round there. The police were really nice- but they couldn't get in either, so they ended up smashing the little window in the door and sticking their arm in to unlock it. glass was everywhere. What a night mare! We were so fed up - what are the chances of a dog hitting the latch anyway? A crumby end to a nice evening. the lesson we have learnt is not to leave the key in the back door, so if it does happen again we can get in through the back.

No comments: