07 October, 2006

Housework

Yesterday I sliced lengthways 2 aubergines and slowly roasted them. When they were all nice and soft I drizzled feta cheese over them. they were delish- will definately cook that again. As a vegetarian I'm always trying to think of exciting things to do with vegetables.
Did the housework this morning - as soon as I'm rich enough I'm going to get a cleaner. not having to clean ( and not having to nag Steve to do his share- altho i don't have to nag so much now) would really improve the quality of my life. because I'm so strict about doing the housework is only (only!) takes 2 hours-but I could be doing fun things instead. Fun things for me would be:
reading the paper, gardening, walking the dogs, watching telly, blogging. Cleaning is boring. I think that is why I always make myself do it on Saturday morning - if I didn't force myself to do it at a set time, I know I wouldn't bother.
Spoke to Aaron on the phone last night. He was telling me about Jackson Pollock - they are doing him at school. I was impressed by that- I didn't learn about artists when I was 6. At the end of the call Aaron said 'see you gina' and it got me right there. I think its true the older you get the more emotional you get. When i was 14 I saw ET and I laughed - when I saw it a couple of years ago, I cried. I cried when Kelly Holmes won the 2 gold medals and when Zara Phillips won the World Championship.

No comments: