09 March, 2009

Monday

One of the blogs that I had a link to has announced that it is going private. If you want to read it you need to email requesting access.
This is one of my pet peeves. When I started blogging a few years ago a blog I followed announced that she was going private and I sent an email to request access. But after a short while she gave up on the private blog as she got fed up of not having that many readers. Hhmmn. Also I had access to it and she didn't know me from Adam. There I was another blog I used to really like but she used to do private entries. To read certain posts you had to have a password - and I kept forgetting mine...and I stopped reading it. Too much hassle.
So I won't be bothering to request access. I think for a private blog to work, the blogger needs to send out invites to the readers that they want to read their stuff.
But then perhaps I'm jealous - as sometimes I feel I'm writing a totally private blog...

3 comments:

Aoj and The Hounds said...

I thought about going private when I moved blogs last week but I realised I would more than likely lose a lot of blogging friends if I did that. So I'm still open to the public!!

Unknown said...

If that's the case how the he11 did I get let in? ;-)

Gina said...

Mark - is your blog private? I had no idea! You see the ones I had read made aa big deal about their privacy which is something you've never done.
BTw glad to hear that you are all feeling better x