08 March, 2009

Make up

This morning I was reading an article in the Sunday Times Style section about wearing make up every day. Even the woman who wore make up said that if she has a stay at home day she doesn't bother to wear it. As if wearing make up is a bit guilt inducing. In my team at work (3 women and one man) I'm the only one that wears make up. The other day they were talking about how they don't bother to wear make up for work (they used the words "don't bother" I'm not being judgemental) and the bloke said his wife never wears make up. Although I'm a bit cynical when men say that - she could well be and he just hasn't noticed.
I wear make up EVERY day. I think it makes me look prettier and I feel better about myself. I wear foundation, concealer, mascara, blush and lip stick. Sometimes I dab eyeshadow on or eyeliner. The only time I don't wear make up is when I've got a cold.
People have commentated on my clear skin - that's the foundation baby!
I first got interested in how people think about make up when an acquaintance told me he didn't like women wearing make up. I think he just didn't like me, but that is another story. His wife never wore make up and I wonder how much that was her choice.
Please don't think I'm a make up Nazi. If you don't want to wear it that is fine with me. it is just interesting that such a small thing can push so many people's buttons.

No comments: