04 March, 2009

Dilemma

We inherited our dining table and chairs from my parents,. My parents are so posh that it wasn't their main dinning table and chairs but the one that was in the garden room. Yes my parents have a garden room. At least they don't call the conservatory the serre. ( I once worked with a very posh lady who referred to sitting out in the serre, and when I asked what that was she said "Its the conservatory". She didn't like the word conservatory. She also thought call one's grandmother Nanny was awful. I think its lovely. nanny is much more cuddly.) Any how it is made out of pine and you can collapse the chairs and stick'em in the middle storage bit. It is just the right size and I like the wood but I HATE the chairs. They are not that comfy to sit on and I just don't think they look that good. But I really like the table. I want to replace the chairs but keep the table. But i want them to be good, comfy chairs. Looking at the prices I wonder if I wouldn't be better off buying new table and chairs. Also I'm worried that the getting lovely new chairs will make the table look not as good. Its a dilemma. There is also the added worry that when the Robbos buy any furniture Mr Robbo thinks that unless it falls apart, they is no need to replace it. He was shocked and dismayed when I told him I was getting fed up of the settee.

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

Hello! Thank you for your message!

It's true about chairs: they can cost more than table and chairs together. And we had our first sofa - well, we only changed it the year before last and we had it just after we got married and we're now married 30 years! I keep telling Husband he should be grateful that I am not always wanting to change things .