29 July, 2007

Weekend

After a very busy, super stressy week we've had a very lazy (well after essential cleaning chores - a week from hell does not mean that one lets one's standards slip)weekend. We watched The Lady Vanishes. I won't spoil for you if you haven't seen it - but do try and see it as you'll realise a lot of films pay homage to it. I love getting film references and at one point nearly peed myself with excitement. Steve and I like to play spot the character most likely to die - Steve got it right this time. You play it by shouting out "Dead meat!" when they're on the screen. That's why we tend to watch films at home, much more fun than the cinema where you have to keep quiet.
I've been to London quite a few times this week. I used to commute about 9 years ago and am amazed at the change of train etiquette. Some people treat the carriage as if it is their living room, music blaring and long, loud one sided telephone conversations. On a very rickety tube ride to South Kensington the girl sitting opposite me was applying mascara. I kept waiting for her to poke her eye out.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

you wait til you're doing the journey every day!

Daily you'll be surprised how you haven't committed "train rage"

;o)