04 July, 2007

Even younger Gina

Thinking about how I was at 19 made me starting thinking about when I was 9. Although I might get 9 and 10 muddled up as it was a long time ago.
When I was 9:
Mum wouldn't let me watch Charlie's Angels. I was very cross about that and felt it was very unfair.
I loved drawing and writing stories. I would carrying on reading after the light was turned out.
I shared a bedroom with Angela. I hated that. I hated the fact we went to bed at the same time and I was the OLDEST.
I was in the Brownies. We lived in London.
Dad did night work so we had to be very quiet during the day as not to wake him up.
We didn't have a phone. Or a car.
I had a Purdy haircut.
I thought my Mum knew everything. She still thinks she does.
I have never been on a plane or been abroad.
I used to play out with my mates. I had a Tomahawk bike.
We didn't have central heating. We used to get dressed in front of the gas fire.
I liked The Famous Five, Secret Seven, The Faraway tree and Amelia Jane is naughty again. I thought the Wombles might be a bit real.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

OMG - I LOVED the Faraway Tree and The Enchanted Forest... Enid Blyton was fab... Mr Galiano's circus - another good one!

Don't really remember much about being 9 - memory's not what it used to be

;o)