17 February, 2008

So it begins

I ring up Esther. She tells me she has to keep it quick, she has just got home and has 2 kids and a husband to sort out.

Gina: I'll be quick - I'm (deep breath) 40 this year and I'd like a girls night out. Keep the 8th March free.
Esther: (pause)You're 40 this year?
Gina: Yeah. I can't believe it.
Esther: I can't believe you're 40. 40. (then recollects herself) yeah ofcouse I'll keep the 8th free. We'll talk later in the week. Gina! 40!
Gina: I knooow.
Esther: I'm so sorry mate.
Gina: Thanks.

Do you think I'll be getting "With Sympathy" cards instead of birthday cards?

5 comments:

thot said...

why sorry???

It's a wonderful age!!!.

Send a beautiful birthday card, of course...

Gina said...

Thanks Thot!

Anonymous said...

They say 40 is the new 30, as for who "they" are i am not sure.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

40 really wasn't so bad....I had more panic attacks about turning 30 than I did 40. Not sure I'm looking forward to 50 though!

Gina said...

See I wasn't bothered about turning 30 but then I've always been a later developer!