16 February, 2008

I don't

I was getting my celeb gossip fix and noticed that Posh and Becks have renewed their wedding vows. Many years ago, in fact in pre Robbo days I met an American girl who told me that for her parents' Silver Wedding they were going to renew their wedding vows. I thought it was strange then and I think its strange now. My puritanical side thinks that it smacks of showing off. It seems over the top. To me wedding vows are heavy duty, they only need to be said once.
I tell you something weird though - I have no memory of actually saying my vows. I can remember going to get married, standing in front of the Registrar and being worried that I might start to cry. (I was so happy! So excited!). Steve says his bit and then its my turn. I listen intently to the Registrar so I can repeat after her... Then my memory cuts to signing the register. I can't remember the middle bit at all. That makes me feel a bit sad. Perhaps we should renew our wedding vows afterall....

3 comments:

H said...

I remember my vows as I blubbed through them! I think renewing is a nice idea but if we did it, it would be totally private and we probably wouldn't tell anyone. Otherwise, like you said it's showing off (and a waste of money)

Dan said...

Shell shock.., either that or you're repressing the memory. Or maybe you didnt say them! Shockingly, you could be living in sin ;)

Gina said...

Dan - I think it was shell shock...
Hannah - I still feel those vows only need to be said once - even if you can't remember saying them!