12 August, 2007

Packing for Work.

I've started to sort out stuff I need to take with me to work tomorrow. I took all my appraisal stuff home as I didn't have the balls to bin it. I won't bother trawling that to London yet. I think it will stay buried in the kitchen cupboard for a while. I did bin my 10 year service certificate though as I thought what would be the point in taking it home to bin it there.
Sooo - here is what I've packed to take in with me tomorrow:

My pens (as I don't like using work issue pens -they get blobby too quickly.)
A pebble Claire gave me. I use it like a worry bead when I'm on a call from hell.
Plastic glass for water. I drink a LOT of water and those little plastic water beakers don't do it for me.
Mug and spoon - for my Nestle Coffees - as I don't like the vending coffee.
Pack of Nestle coffees.
My diary.
Framed photo of Penny and Tommy.
Framed photo of the Little Dudes.


I don't think I'll have room for my packed lunch. Ruthie suggests that I take a packed lunch as it is expensive other wise. I normally get the Boots meal deal at £2.99 - but there isn't a Boots near my new work. I think I'll treat myself to a sandwich for the first day.

I was reading the TV guide and was (way too) excited to see that there is show on Living on Thursday. Its on at 8 and its called Blood Lines (or something like that). It is based on the Blood books by Tanya Huff. I read that a year or so ago and really enjoyed them. I hope the programme is as good. I've set it up on my (I suppose I should say our)personal planner.

5 comments:

steverobbo said...

No picture of me?

I think I'll take away the one I have of you, on my desk at work.

Gina said...

I've got a photo of you in my purse.
I'd be very pleased if you took that photo down.

Ruthie said...

Tsk, you never listen to me, do you...

I said there wasn't a Boots near work, but you walk right by one at Cannon Street Station. It's open about 7 in the morning, so you can pop in on your way to work! So problem solved!

What about box of tissues??

Gina said...

Thanks for reminding me about the tissues - I can get them from Boots the same time Iget my meal deal!!!

Anonymous said...

To my shame Gina I've not looked at any blogs for the past month since moving - partly due to being without broadband for most of that time - meaning I'd missed out on your exciting job news til I chatted to Mr Robbo earlier! Best of luck, I hope it all goes really well for you. And good news about Boots - their 299 deals are rather hard to pass by! X