29 August, 2007

1408

A few years ago I read a REALLY scary Stephen King short story called 1408. 1408 is the number of a hotel room (add the numbers up it makes 13!! Corny but good.)It was a story that stayed with you afterwards. Now I see that it is a film with John Cusack in it. Hopefully the fact that John Cusack is in it will mean it will be true to the spirit of the story. I don't know if I will be brave enough to see it at the pictures, although I could smuggle in scary film cushy *in.



* The cushion I hide behind when I watch scary films at home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can honestly say that I've only ever seen one book made into a movie that was anywhere close. When they remade (USANetworks????) The Shinning and actually tried to stick with the book.

The worse movie I ever saw was Needful Things. About 45mins into the movie my fellow viewers asked me what was coming up next. I told them that after the first 15-20 I was completely lost. The worst made for TV movie had to be TommyKnockers. What a disgrace that was.

If you switch to short stories then Rita Hayworth comes to Shawshank (Shawshank Redemsion) has to be the best ever.

Ruthie said...

yea, short stories, deffo the way!

Wasn't Don't Look Now originally a short story too?

p.s. I have a my duvet for protection during scary films! And my hands over my face in cinemas!

ocean said...

In your way, I add my date of birthday numbers up it makes 13,too. Actually 0913 is the date of my birthday. Wawa---- another 13! Sometimes I set my lucky and code number is 13.I do absolutely not watch the scary films even to link your that word-film.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone see the worse than awful film version of Pet Cemetary? People were either walking out of the cinema or just sat chatting, I've never seen anything like it. I really enjoyed the film Misery though, it was very close to the book.

Mrs M, who loves S.King but no longer watches scary stuff. ~ X ~