11 August, 2007

Leaving Do

I had my leaving do - and very nice it was too. Didn't get too drunk and woke up this morning feeling un-hungover. Perhaps I have finally grown up and can drink in moderation...I will be still working for the same company but it feels funny leaving Southend after 14 years. Lots of people had an opinion on commuting to London. I got fed up of telling them that I've commuted before. True enough I lived closer to London then but I was about 1 1/2 miles from the station- that was some walk- and I could never get a seat on the train.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well yesterday Gina. I tried to come down in the morning but there was only me working our queues and they're watching us like hawks and we're having to write down what we're doing every minute of the day - it's like flipping military on our floor. So I'm sorry I couldn't wave you off but I hope you got my card - I succumbed to the internal mail when I knew I wouldn't be able to come down. Glad you had a nice evening too. Did you cry? I would cry BIG tears if it were me - I've been there 25 years this year! Good luck on your first day of your new role - I'm sure you'll be fine. It's like a mass exodus to London right now! xXx

Gina said...

Thanks - i did get your card ;0)
Funnily enough I didn't cry. I think it had got to a stage when I was glad to be leaving..