22 September, 2007

Me and High Heels.

Since I have been off work I have been staying up to watch Sex and the City. I like it for many reasons - its funny, its glamourous and (unlike Desperate Housewives) I believe in the friendship. I don't care that Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall are supposed to hate each other. To me they are Carrie and Sammantha. I'm not interested in fashion, I tend to skip the fashion pages in magazines, but I think the fashion in the programme really works. It adds to the escapism of it - Carrie never did casual did she? And they always wore high heels.
Angela, my sister, wears heels at all times. I would buy high heels as "going out shoes"and sometimes even as work shoes. They were great shoes to look at and some were even comfortable but I could never get on with them. Last year it hit me. I don't like wearing high heels. They slow me down. I don't feel myself in them. So now I buy flatties or shoes with a slight heel. In fact shoes that Angela would describe as flat. I've heard that to give up high heels is to let yourself go. Buttocks to that, I say.

No comments: