28 September, 2007

Friday

We've spent the last couple of days in Thursford Norfolk. We stayed in a converted barn with Steve's parents and his "little" brother Dave. Yes I have 2 brother-in -laws called Dave. The barn was in a farm and there were lots of good sniffy walks for Tom to go on. It rained a lot but it was cozy warm in the barn.
Steve's uncle Brian and his girlfriend Jeanie popped by. Jeanie still can't get over my accent and Brian is surprised that I work full time. It weirds me out when people are surprised that I work. At Mum and Dad's party one of my cousins was surprised that I work. I don't understand why. I didn't realise working was an option. It is just something you do. If you are able to, and want a nice standard of living - you work. Perhaps the question gets to me because in theory I would love to work part time - although I suspect you ended up doing all the work you would normally do but in less time. Also I have a sinking feeling that instead of working on my writing in this new found spare time - I'd do the house work and drink tea and watch afternoon telly. Not exactly fair to Mr Robbo.

No comments: