16 September, 2007

The bells , the bells.

My parents live near a church. A church with bells. Mum and I are sitting out in the conservatory chatting. The bells start to ring.
Mum: It must be a late wedding.
Gina: No one gets married this late, perhaps they're practising.
Mum: No they practise Wednesdays.
As it is about 6pm, I can't believe it would be a wedding, but as I'm not one to go on I let the subject drop. The bells stop and we carry on chatting.
The bells start ringing again.
Mum: Perhaps they are practising.
Gina: This is very olde England isn't it, listening to the church bells.
Mum: Mmnn.
The bells stop ringing. We carrying on chatting....bells start ringing again.
Gina: This is like being in Midsummer Murders. It's so quaint.
Mum laughs and we carrying on chatting. The bells stop ringing. Then they start again.
Mum: BLEEDING HELL!!!!!!


You can take the girl out of Hackney, but it seems you can't take Hackney out of the girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud! Gina, you write soooooo fine... I know I'm writing a book, but I think it should be you girie :-) xXx