09 August, 2009

Killing Flies

If a bee gets into the house, Steve gets rid of it but using a glass and a bit of card board. If there is a fly and I can't whoosh it out I go mad with the fly spray. Steve says yyou should squirt the spray into the corners of the room, I just train the can on the fly and blast it.
I've noticed older people have very different ways. My 85 year old aunt uses a flannel. Her eye to hand co ordination is excellent. My Dad (69) uses his hand to nudge a bee out of the window. Rodney (don't know his age but he lives in the old people flats) uses a car key to kill a wasp. He uses the black bit of the key to trap it against the window, squishes it a bit -lets it drop on the window ledge , and then uses the sliver bit of the key to finish it off. Impressive.

No comments: