31 January, 2009

So this is why I don't buy magazines

On the train last night, someone had left a woman's magazine. It has been ages since I read a one of those, the celebrity gossip I can get off the Internet and I found the life style articles just made me feel not good enough. Any way in this magazine I was reading that were hyping up a new diet - a day on/day off diet. On your on days you can consume 500 calories and on your off days 2000 calories. They based their weight loss predictions on a 5foot 7 woman who weighed 10 stone.
Now I know why I don't read such silly magazines. For starters a 5 foot 7 woman who weighs 10 stone does not need to go on a diet. When I was 10 stone (all those years ago) I was a size 12. And as to 500 calories a day - that is beyond starvation - you might as well skip food that day. And when your body thinks it is going through a famine it holds on to the fat for dear life.
I think it is irresponsible, magazines printing rubbish like that.

1 comment:

Chicken Lisa said...

Fad diets! One of my favourite topics to get really annoyed at! I wish people would just accept that eating fewer calories than what you burn off is the only way to loose weight!