08 January, 2009

Dentist

Just got back from the dentist and am a bit confused.
last time  I went for a check up the dentist directed me to make an appointment with the hygienist.  I think I've written before about the stains on my front teeth. The dentist has told me that the enamel is wearing thin there. Normally he cleans them with an abrasive thingy do-dah and he gets rid of it. But no matter how I clean my teeth the stains come back. Any way last time the dentist said he couldn't get rid of the stains and I'd have to consider veneers- but go to the hygienist first.
When I sorting out the appointment I was told to my dismay that the appointment was about 50 or 60 quid ( I can't remember, the horror has blocked my memory). I didn't book it.  It was too expensive.
So today I'm a tad nervous about seeing the dentist with my disgusting front teeth. 
This is what happened:
Dentist (as I'm lying on the chair) : So Gina you didn't see the hygienist.
Gina: I'm broke.
Dentist laughs: Oh well that is a very good excuse! Any problems.
Gina, thinking what is the point of bringing up my stained teeth : No, no niggles.
Dentist has a poke around and gives me the all clear.
Dentist: Are you sure everything is ok?
Gina,wondering if he means my financial situation or my teeth : How much are veneers?
Dentist ; £200 per tooth. Why do you want veneers?
Gina bursts out: You said I'd need them for my stained front teeth! those teeth really get me down!
Dentist shocked: You don't want veneers for that! I'll use my abrasive brush.
And he does and my! the stains have gone.
Dentist: Gina never let your teeth depress you. When those stains come back, visit me straight away and I'll sort it out for you.

I thank the Dentist and leave , paying my NHS charge of £16.20.  I felt like I had been in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems there is a way of having money and another way of no money to solve problems.It's a realistic society.