22 October, 2008

Terror in the Playzone

At Center Parcs there is a Playzone/arcade thing. Steve and I had an enjoyable game of air hockey.  Then Steve suggested we go in this car simulator thing. Like street racer but you are in this car. I said "ok". We squeezed in (having bulky coats and bags with us - and don't forget this game is aimed at kids and I have a decidedly grown up bottom.) Once in side Steve said "Right I'll pull over the roof" and as he did so, the side doors shut and we were completely enclosed in this tiny space. Reader,  I never realised that I am claustrophobic.
Gina: Oh I don't like this.
Steve: It'll be ok when it gets going..
Gina grabbing at door handle and door won't open: GET ME OUT! GET ME OUT!
Steve unable to get door open starts hitting the STOP button. But nothing is happening. I suppose it is unusual to try and stop the game before it starts. Steve opens the "sun roof" to let some air in.
Steve: I think we may have to do the ride.
Gina: GET ME OUT! GET ME OUT!
Luckily the stop button thing kicked in and the doors opened. Reader,  I was shaking. I had gone from calm to barmy on 0000000.000001 seconds.

Later telling the Little Dudes how their aunt went barmy, they told me no one can hear you shouting in that car terror thing. It turns out earlier in the day they had got trapped in it and luckily Dave realised it wasn't moving and got a member of staff to let them out.  I'm NEVER getting into one of those things again. 

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

This sounds like a scary experience! Definitely not something my very grown up bottom would have the guts to try. But it was entertaining to read about...! (sorry)

I found your blog because you read crime fiction, as I do. I also write - check out my blog if you're interested. Nothing as scary as being stuck in a claustrophobic children's car... but plenty of murders.

Gina said...

well, it might be a good way to kill someone- trapping them in like that!