05 October, 2008

Seaside and raindrops

I love taking Tommy for a walk when it is raining. This is because only the "proper" dog owners still take their dogs out in horrible weather, so you don't have to worry about people who can't control their dogs. For me the only drawback about having an ex racer is that you can't let them off the lead. When off lead dogs come running up to on lead dogs, for some reason it never ends that well. I find it easier to just avoid the situation. But on rainy days I don't have to worry, any off lead dogs soon return to their owners when called.
When we got home we were both dripping wet but happy. It doesn't take much. I dried Tom and he is laying by the radiator and I'm going to have a nice hot, bubbly bath, followed by a fried egg and tomato sauce sandwich. Yum yum.

2 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

You have a greyhound that will go out in the rain!? Wow! Mine walked out of the gate and promptly sat and refused to walk any further!

Gina said...

Are you sure you haven't got a really big whippet ;0)