21 October, 2008

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Last night we got back from a long weekend at Centre parcs.  We had 2 chalets, the Robbos and my parents ; and in the other Angela , Dave and the little Dudes. Steve and I rented bikes - and its true you don't forget how to ride a bike.  I was a bit wobbley at first but was soon racing Steve. Us ladies kicked off the holiday going to the Aqua Spa (I've raved about the Centre parcs beauty treatments before.) we all did bowling (and I got a strike!) I did silk painting (I found the technique difficult but Jim was v. patient. The finished piece of art is now sitting on the window sill). The husbands played pool( and were shocked at how bad they are now - apparantly they wer ebrill when they were teenagers). The Dudes and Grandparents had a horse carriage ride. Angela, Littlest Dude, Mum and I played ping pong (mum and LD were vicious) Little Dude and Dave played pool. We all did short mat bowls. Amongst all this there was much swimming and the boys playing in the adventure playgrounds. It was fun and we all went home exhausted.  What I like about Centre parcs is that you do things that you would never normally do (in my case riding a bike, silk painting and ping pong.) Every night we were all soundo by half ten and up again at 8 raring to go. 

No comments: