16 March, 2008

Shallow

I took Tommy for an early walk this morning- well early for me - it was before 9 and it is Sunday. Its dank, dark, drizzly day and lots of houses had their lights on. I sniggered to myself -my house (oh ok our house) is south facing and light and we don't need the lights on. The house gets flooded with natural light. Instead of feeling grateful I feel superior. Shallow Gina Robbo.

Walking past the posh flats (although I'm sure the owners call them apartments) that over look the sea I noticed that one of them had their bedroom at the front. My first thought was what a lovely view to have from your bed. My second thought that the view was totally ruined by me looking into their bedroom. Unless you are very uninhibited it is a bit shy making to be having a cup of tea, reading the papers with bed hair and strangers being able to see you. My third thought was Shallow Gina look at marvelous nature not at other people's houses!

The oldest Little Dude came home from his first ever school trip on Friday. He had been gone for five whole days. We all missed him, but poor Angela missed him dreadfully. Little Dude hadn't washed since Wednesday. He told me that he thought he had bruised his leg but it turned out to be dried on mud.

No comments: