02 March, 2008

Greyhounds

There is an article in The Sunday Times today about a healthy greyhounds being out to sleep and their body parts being sold. You can read it here. I can't believe it as we use the greyhound clinic. The vet diagnosed Penny's cancer and I found him to be humane and caring. Steve and I really felt that he loved and understood the dogs. I find it so hard to believe this story, I feel that there must be some sort of explanation - but I wished I hadn't left Penny's body there. I tell you one thing- it has made me anti greyhound racing. The dogs are just a waste product of betting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless now. My poor English can't express my thought. I hate any betting of animal- chicken, horse, dog. I hope it is just like you said there must be some sort of explanation.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

This is an absolutely dreadful story. I can't believe how you must feel having used them.

chilly said...

What is wrong with people to do things as this to an animal!! :(

Anonymous said...

This is terrible. Thank you for bringing my attention to this article. I wouldn't have read it otherwise. I am very, very sorry about Penny.